by Gladys Diaz
Are you afraid of being taken advantage of by men?
Do you seem to consistently attract men that “need” something”?
Do you feel like men only want sex from you and that once they have gotten it, they disappear?
Is your experience that men always need your “fixing”?
If this seems to be your experience in dating and relationships, know that you are not alone. In our work with thousands of women, this is the #1 limiting belief that women have about men and relationships.
And the thing is, for those with this fear, it is 100% real to them.
That’s why we wanted to share this message first thing in this new year!
If this is what you are experiencing or feel like you are experiencing — basically if this is your paradigm for relationships — it’s because you’ve had an experience in the past that created this belief.
Warning signs that you have this belief are that:
- you have the experience of over-giving and not receiving back a relationship
- you feel as if you’re being used for sex
- you’re helping a man “gets back on his feet,” or being used financially
- you feel like you must be “needed” in order for someone to love you, and that if they don’t “need” you, then they will leave you
Think about your last 3-4 relationships? Was this showing up?
If these signs have shown up in three or more of your past relationships, then there’s a pattern that needs shifting!
This pattern comes from a belief that you created because of a past experience.
And that belief was most likely created years before your first date.
One example of something you may have experienced as a child is having something happen that led you to believe you had to DO something EXTRA in order to be loved.
When you have this belief, you will attract men who need you, need help, need support, and you feel like you are always the one doing the helping or “fixing.”
So ask yourself –
Are you noticing these patterns in your relationships?
Are you having painful experiences in dating?
OR are you holding yourself back and not having experiences with men because of this fear?
The first step to shifting fears is to recognize that they are present, so be honest with yourself here.
If this sounds like you, then start to pay attention to these things when you are dating…
- Are you over-giving? Are you giving to another person to the point that you are not honoring yourself?
- Are you taking time to really get to know someone? Are you holding back in a healthy way so you don’t give too much too soon? Are you giving yourself the opportunity of time to get to know someone so you know that can trust the other person and his intentions?
- Are you looking for consistency in words and actions in the men you are dating?
- Are you feeling safe to be generous and give love freely because you are receiving in return?
Sometimes you need help recognizing these patterns in your life. We want you to know that so much of the pain you experience in love, dating, and relationships is unnecessary and avoidable!
If you feel like this is a belief you have, and you’re having a hard time recognizing or shifting the pattern, let us help you do the HeartWork to break past it.
You get to be loved freely, and to be loved freely in return.
And you don’t have to do it alone.
Schedule a Love Breakthrough and set yourself free!